Hello program mates, my name is Roxanna Ferdowsi, and I am a first year International Development and Globalization student. I am from Vancouver, B.C. so I travelled quite the distance to get here. Over the past month, I have made amazing friends in Ottawa from all over the world which has allowed me to gain an understanding of what different students are looking forward to in this post-pandemic school year. With my leadership, organization, and social skills, I believe I can provide my peers and I the school year we deserve. If elected as VP Junior, I promise to provide the following:
- Organise events that fit everyone’s accessibility needs and interests.
- Provide insight with my team on initiatives we can implement to allow students to engage in school activities they would be interested in.
- Take a lead role in activities to ensure they run accordingly.
- Take adequate measures to encourage students to get involved.
- Ensure student’s mental health is our top priority, especially during these post-pandemic times where students are starting to re-adjust to new environments.
- Provide reliable resources for students.
- Introduce activities and workshops to encourage students to focus on mental health.
Voting will take place online from 8:00am Wednesday, October 13, until 5:00pm on Friday, October 15th. First and second year International Development students will recieve a direct link to cast their ballot via their UOttawa email. For any issues with obtaining a ballot, voting, or any further inquiries please contact our Chief Electoral Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.